Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Carlies first day of Pre-School

Today, was the very first day of joy school for Carlie. Laura, Natalie, Katie and I are all taking turns to follow a curriculum and do a pre-school at home. We are only doing it once a week so it equals to each one of us teaching once a month. It's great! Carlie was SO excited to go to school today, she had a dream about it last night. Then, she was ready by 8:30 am (lunch packed and all) which is very out of her character (normally i have to be on her to get dressed and eat breakfast etc). So it was hard trying to keep her occupied for 2 hours until pre-school started. She decided to pick her outfit and how she wanted her hair (which to no surprise she wanted me to braid it because this is the ONLY way she wants me to do her hair). I know joy school is really not that big of a deal, but to me it was So exciting to watch her be excited to hit this milestone! Carlie loves to learn and she is really very bright. I love being a mom!

Jenna was sad when we dropped her off - she missed her friend. So we compensated by going to the library and chick fil a for the two hours she was in school.

These last couple of months have been busy. The greatest thing I have been looking forward to is my resignation from work. My official last day is Oct 8th. I have to admit I didn't jump on the opportunity right away for so many reasons - I do love my job, I have been progressing at work, and part of me wanted to keep working until I delivered our next baby just to save more money. But I do LOVE being at home with Carlie and Jenna and I do want to spend as much time as possible with them before Carlie really starts all day kindergarten. My heart is with my family and as much as I love my job, I have to take this opportunity, because what greater calling do I have than to be a mom? I am SO grateful to have the opportunity to be a stay at home mom. 





No comments:

Post a Comment